Meditation is a path that helps you to understand your true innerself. It is not limited to any one age group but it could be practised at any age. Meditation for kids could prove beneficial once they grow up.
Many religions advocate various meditation techhique to calm and relax the mind. It is basically a kind of training for your mind. I personally have undergone a lot of positive changes in life through meditation. Being a teacher, I have felt the need of meditation at young age.
Why should kids do meditation?
Meditation can be a great way for kids to learn how to focus and calm their minds. It can also help them to deal with stress and anxiety. It helps them to understand their emotions and feelings.
There are many benefits to meditation for kids. It can help them to focus and concentrate, to develop a more positive outlook, and to cope with stress and anxiety. It can also help them to develop their imagination and creativity.
What kind of meditation should I choose for my child ?
There are many different ways to meditate, so it’s important to find a method that works for your child.
Some of the kinds of meditation are :
- Guided meditation
- Visual meditation
- Meditation by Chanting mantras
There are a number of different techniques you can use to help your child meditate. One popular method is to have them focus on a certain object, such as a candle flame or a flower. Another method is to have them focus on their breath and count each inhale and exhale. You can also use guided meditation scripts or CDs
Things to remember while teaching meditation to kids
If you’re interested in teaching your child how to meditate, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, it’s important to find a quiet place where they can sit or lie down comfortably. Second, you’ll need to help them to focus on their breath. Third, it’s important to be patient and to keep your voice calm and soothing.
Resources and Apps for kid’s meditation
1. Headspace – This app provides different mediation resources to cater the meets of kids as per their age group. This is not a free app but paying a nominal amount is worth trying
2. Happy Minds – On this YouTube channel you can find amazing sleeping meditation for young children. You can also find mindfulness, full body scan meditation for kids.
3. Children Sleep Meditation App : Rated 4.6 on Google playstore , it has more than 1T downloads. Give a try once to see the magic of Meditation.
4. Free scripts and complete guide for kid’s meditation : You can find the complete guide and free downloads of different scripts for various mediation. You can choose as per the need of your child.