Picking up a bag and going to the market to buy grocery and other products of daily needs is a big task. The annoying part is when we come , we see a lot of things which were either not required or can’t be used for any purpose.
By the end of month, again same thing happens. Finally either you have to throw as you didn’t use. Sometimes we bring a lot but realise that the products you have with you are not good for health. You can’t give it to kids , not even to your beloved ones as he or she is already gaining weight or you , yourself , becoming a couch potato. Finally you decide to throw or eat ?
There is a way to solve all these problems. Here are few tips for healthy shopping for your meals so that you don’t regret later.
Because you are the person who is more worried for the health of all the family members. Here are few tips and suggestions that may be prove helpful to you.
1. Prepare a list of things you require : This is the first and an important part of your healthy shopping. Once you are ready with your list ,you will have a control on your mind who is having tendency to waver when see the lots of eye -catching products and labels.
2. Be time – specific : This is the another ingredient to be added to your shopping. Fix the time duration for shopping. It may vary according to the number of items you have on your list. It will restrict you to spend unnecessarily time and get allure with the products. You will be more concentrated on the listed things only.
3. Prefer whole wheat breads and other products : These days most of the products are available in both the versions – whole wheat or refined flour. Go for whole wheat as it good for your stomach and have lot of fibres. It is easy to digest and provide good amount of roughage.
4. Prefer yoghurt or curd over creams : We use lot of cream in fruit salads and many other recipes. Try these two things. I am sure you can’t get better option than these. And you not feel bad eating two many calories too.
5.. Look for fat-free labels : There are many fat- Free snacks or food items available in the market. These are either roasted or have a modified ingredients which make them make fat -free
6. Choose healthy snacks : This is a tricky part. Don’t worry ! You can do this also. Here , you can consider dry fruits , roasted seeds etc
7.Prefer fresh products over frozen or canned :
Canned food have lot of preservatives which are not good for health. Hence , these should be avoided. Moreover fresh fruits taste better.
8. Say yes to coconut water or butter milk and no to cold drinks : There is good option available for cold drinks. Cold drinks are high in sugar content while coconut water is high in minerals. Its good for kids and elders too. It can be a good option in summer.
9.. Get some Yakult : It is a delicious probiotic fermented milk drink ,a perfect treat for kids. Taste and health together. A has lots of good bacteria which are good for their tummy. My kids love it !
10. Fulfil the craving of chocolate by opting for dark chocolate : Dark chocolate is an antioxidant rich super foof which will keep you young.
11. Instead of sweet candies buy dry fruit candies : These dried candies have natural sugar content. Amla( gooseberry) , pine- apple,kiwi , mangoes candies are now a days available in every shop.
12. Buy a bottle of Olive oil : Try using olive oil for breads , salads and pasta. You will fall in love with its taste. Prefer Extra Virgin Olive for salads .
This time you will feed good as you are going to keep your family healthy with given magical tips and suggestions
Eat healthy, Stay healthy.
Note: This article has been written as a part of SuperBloggerChallenge2018 conducted by Healthwealthbridge.com, Fashionablefoodz.com, Allaboutthewoman.com and should not be repurposed, republished or used otherwise. The content herein is owned by the blogger. SuperBloggerChallenge2018 is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused.
Photo credit : Google