“Mummy , Kya banaya hai ?”
“Aaj dinner mein Kya hai ?”
These are the few lines we usually listen being a women. No matter you are a home maker or a working women everybody expect you to be ready with new ideas for kitchen. Even in my family , no one is ready to have dinner straight away. Specially if daal is being cooked , they expect a side dish or some snacks.
Snacks may not be required everyday but at least once in a week they need something new. I too like experimenting in kitchen. Mostly the things comes out well.
Last week I was in kitchen and I had good mood? so I thought to try this kebabs and yes ! I was succesful in my experiment. These are quick to make and taste so good. You can try it for your kitty party , kids birthday party or even as evening snacks.
If you are worried what to pack in your kids Tiffin. Try this awesome recipe. Prepare everything at night. Mix it in the morning to make dough and be ready to pack the tiffin.
- Boiled Soya granules – 1 cup
- Boiled potatoes – 2
- Cornflour – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic n ginger paste – 1tsp
- Chopped green chillies – 1tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1tsp
- Garam Masala – 1tsp
- black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Dry coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Steps to make
- First of all mash the boiled potatoes . Make sure that there are no big pieces.
- Add the boiled soya granules.
- Add cornflour and all other ingredients to the mixture.
- Mix them well and make small flat round balls like the kebabs looks like.
- Shallow fry it in non stick pan.
- Serve hot with salad and chutney.
Here I have served kebabs with hot n sweet chilly sauce and hung curd dip. You can serve it with green coriander chutney or even with tomato sauce according to the taste.
Recipe notes –
- Squeeze out all the water from boiled soya granules .
- The dough may be little sticky. Do not worry about. Just put a little drop of oil on your dry hand and make the balls.
- There is no need to roll more on hand while shaping.
- Instead of shallow frying , you can roast it on non stick pan with few drops of oil to make it more healthier.
I feel having food made at home always make you fuller, satisfied and healthier. Last year I got a chance to study godrej food trends which proves that people prefer to cook food at home because it is hygienic and good for health. Healthy shopping is other way to incorporate health in our family. There are different types of healthy diets which will not only satisfy your hunger but will give peace to your soul too.
So go healthy ! Shop healthy n eat healthy !
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it comes out.
This is my first attempt to write recipe post. Hope I have put up the things in correct way.