Education can bring the desired change in the future. If you want to shape the future shape the education system accordingly. Teachers , parents and management are the three main poles holding the students from each side. They will go whenever these poles will lead to. Hence we have to take the responsibility very wisely.
Last year an initiative has been taken to analyse the present Education System through interviews and survey( Click here to participate ) Even the educators from Finland educators have joined this initiative. Today’s blog will bring the thoughts of an enthusiastic teacher and blogger Sakshi on her views on Present education system.
Journeysays – Hi Sakshi , tell us something about yourself as a person and a blogger ?
Ans. As a person I’m an ambivert , sarcastic , definitely fun-loving , enthusiast , optimistic and I must say this list won’t end so in short , I’m a perfect blogger personality .
Journeysays- Are you happy with the present Education System ?Why or why not ?
Ans. Happy won’t be the exact word . Mixed thoughts define it perfectly . There are both advantages and disadvantages to this education system . Some of the disadvantages are
- focus is not on the all round development of both physical and mental body of a child
- Focus is given to the certification process like report card and marks that finally , actually don’t showcase the true abilities of the child .
- The system of judging is same for everyone . But every child is not having the same in abilities . Here there is a broad difference between what should be done and what we shouldn’t do .
- The course of students is more theoretical and is based on knowledge that would actually not help them in future . Basically the years you spent to get that metric pass or else just in the end remains a certificate without actual knowledge .
- And lack of practical knowledge creates a region of unawareness where when they face competition on the international level , there confidence is compromised .
- In this system of education , salaries of teachers are so low that even being considered the best , students ranks it last choice in their career option list.
- The school system is lot becoming like a spoon feeding ground . Just a recent change in cbse stated that in lower classes , a student can be promoted to next class even if they have failed in previous section .
- The focus of higher education system in more on obtaining the degree than on research .
Journeysays- Why do parents in India still after the professions like doctors or engineers
Ans . Because there is no career security in other professions . These two job profiles fulfill all the requirements for a must option like , good salary package , respect , confirm job placement , demand for the these officials . After all parents wish for a secured profession . And these two are secured in many ways .
Journeysays- Your recommendation at various levels of education ?
1 . Practical and theoretical knowledge should be given equal importance .
2. Research work should be encouraged .
3. Career security should be offered and more and more skill based subjects must be introduced .
4 . By doing a single board in India , like Icse board will be better .
5. Nowadays there is too much pressure on students . Education is no pain , curriculum should be set in way that it’s fun and interesting . Not something to suffer from . But something to learn and experience .
Journeysays- Define Sakshi – as a teacher , as a student , as a parent (keeping education as a center point )?
Ans. As a teacher , I’m not-at-all a strict teacher . I like fun , interactive classes . New ideas and new ways of learning are always welcomed .
As a student , I’m a first bencher who curiously pens down every piece of information a good teacher ( I love lectures of ) tries to teach . Even in class I like regular study routines . Love to research too about topics discussed in class .
As a parent , which I’m not right now but I will try to make my kid to give value to education . I will be supportive to choose whatever there creative intuition may take them to . I’m a person who lives life based on interest . So I will try to impart that choose the subject or the field your passion is in .
Journeysays-These days children prefer to go abroad for higher education after 12th . What could be the reason for it ? Where are we lacking in terms of education ?
Ans. Because there is scope for a great future . Abroad there are additional benefits , high salaries , encouraging environment for honest working , job security , career security hence financial security , even if you are not in a specific job , doing research work .
Journeysays- What inspired you to get associated with this project ?
Ans . Education is something more than important to improve right now . And in anyway , be it discussions ,by teaching myself and keeping my opinions strongly , I’m ready for it always . I’m a more than happy to participate again , yes second time in such a wonderful initiative . Even last year I participated my answers are much more better this time because this year I experienced teaching kids myself .
Journeysays-How do you feel about this project and about my blog ?
Ans . Thanks a lot and million times to include me in this great initiative . Your blog is an inspiration . I would always love to be a part of your projects and initiatives . This is the blog that actually makes me to realize that working on social issues and spreading knowledge about it is so important . I am thankful to Ms Arora for always printing these innovation ideas discussing specifically about education .
I must thank you for putting up your perspective about present Education System which needs to be modified according to the requirements of the students and future. She has always been very supportive and active in all aspects.
If you are the one who can contribute to this initiative in any ways or know someone who can be the part of the change , kindly contact me at Shadezoflife@gmail.com.